Loading

08 February 2009

Tanjung Simpang Mengayau @ Tip Of Borneo.



What a terrible week that we all had. Some of the events that I have witnessed really made me wonder whether there is still justice, ethics, patriotism etc. left in this world.

Well enough about politics for the time being. I was determined that whatever happened or will happen will not dampen my weekend so off I go to Kudat for some unfinished business plus some sightseeing of course.I had always wanted to visit the Tip Of Borneo or locally known as Tanjung Simpang Mengayau.

I left Kota Kinabalu at 10.00 am and reached there at 12.40 pm. I was quite pleased to finally reached and see the northernmost of Sabah or Borneo Island itself with my own eyes. I had a nice view of the South China Sea and it was quite windy when I reached there.

No need to worry about food as there a canteen nearby and also a chalet for those who wished to stay overnight. For security, there is a Police Station situated not far away from the canteen.

As I was alone, I did not stay long and after about fourty minutes I left but determined to bring along my family with me on my next trip here.







Engraving on the wall of the "globe" describing a brief history of the place.








2 comments:

  1. OMG.. the scenes are gorgoues.. I love beaches... Wonder when will i be able to visit that part of Malaysia... Mahal x chalet disitu?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam,

    Pity I didn't post photographs of the nearby beach. yes.. it's breathtaking alright.

    I'm not sure about the rates for the chalet though but I think it's on the high side.

    ReplyDelete

Say what u like but do remember this - you write but I take no responsibility. You write in extreme and I take similar extreme measure - I DELETE.

Add - Adsense